The holiday season is here and many of us will be very eager to hit the roads and go on a nice long drive. These long drives are much anticipated and well planned. They should not be objected with a minor car repair or problem. To make sure that you will have the best long drive ever, it is important to check the condition of your car before you head towards the road. Apart from all this, you will have to decide where to go. By deciding where to go, you will have to check the type of roads you will be experiencing, the recommended spots in the destination and many more. Keeping that in mind, let us look at a few tips to check the condition of your car before your best drive ever:
- Tires: Tires are really important when it comes to having a smooth ride. The way they work plays a key role in the working of the car. They connect your car to the road. The tread depth, the gripping, the traction have a great effect on the tires as well as the cars. If you have a coin, you can test the tread depth of the tire by placing the coin in the groove of the tire. Before starting out on the drive, make sure that there is no problem with the tires. Run your hand over the tire and make sure that they do not have any bulges or ruptures. You have to check the pressure of the tires and fill them up if they lack some air. You can also understand if there is any wear and tear on the tires. If you are not sure about the state of the tire, you can always take it to a tire shop. You can search for tire shop in Auckland to get the shop which is closest to you.
- Spares: It is also very much important to have a spare tire in the car. This tire can help you if you are going through an uneven road which is rocky terrain. If the tires which are present face any damage, it will be easy for you to replace them immediately. To get the tires with the best quality, you can search for Bridgestone tires in Auckland to get the best tires for your car which can face any terrains with ease.
- Cooling System: No one will want to experience the summer heat when they are in a mood for a long drive. The worst thing would be experiencing the heat when stuck in traffic. Make sure that the cooling system is fully functioning to avoid messing up the holiday scenario. You can even give the car to a body shop to get all the required checks before hitting the road.
- Lights: Lights play a pretty important role when it comes to driving down foggy or misty regions at night. Walk around your car and check if all the lights are in working condition. If your trip involves driving through a dark and misty road at night, it is very important to get all the lights working.
- Brake pads: The brake pads are made of metal. On continuous use of the brakes, they tend to get worn out. Make sure that the hand brake is in perfect working condition. Check the brake oil and ensure to top it up before the long drive. Do a test drive to check if the car is reacting well to brakes as it will be very dangerous when the car does not react well to brakes when most required.
- Leaks: It is important to check the pipes for any leaks. You can check the oil levels and simultaneously get done with the leaks from any possible pipes. If you see any oil or coolant leaks, get it done immediately by the technician.
By following the tips mentioned above, we can ensure that you will have the best road trip ever.